Finding the Best Nursing Bras for Large Breasts
The rationale behind a nursing bra is convenience when feeding a baby. Might you be on the lookout for the best nursing bras for large breasts? Watch out for support, ease of use, and flexibility. Perhaps you don’t have time to peruse through every online bra store. That’s why we have prepared a list of 8 nursing bras for large busts you will instantly like.
What is the Significance of Maternity And Nursing Bras?
As long as it is supportive and well-fitting, a maternity and nursing bra plays a vital role in your breastfeeding journey. Remember that the body undergoes different changes from pregnancy to breastfeeding. You cannot predict the extent to which your breasts will change through maternity. But there’s one sure thing. Putting on an ill-fitting bra would be very uncomfortable.
The nursing experience differs from one woman to the next. You might gain one cup size while another woman adds two extra cups. As such, you need to choose a properly designed bra that adapts to your bust as it changes in volume. One of the best options is a wire-free and seam-free nursing bra. You should start wearing such designs during the last semester of your pregnancy.
By the time you start nursing your baby, you will have outgrown your regular cup sizes. This is where bras with full drop cups come in. They let you nurse the baby discreetly and with so much ease during day time. At night, wear a comfortable and breathable sleep bra. This bra supports the breasts and takes care of any milk that might leak at night. It should also be in a position to hold nursing pads in place.
Best Features to Look For In a Nursing Bra
So you are heading towards the end of your pregnancy. And your regular bra seems too small. It is time to go straight to a supportive nursing bra. When you have big boobs, you must be extra careful when choosing one. Keep in mind that the bust will become even more prominent. If you are a new mom, do not worry too much. Do a bra fitting before shopping. Here is what you should consider.
I. Correct fitting
The two essential measurements of your breast are the bust and the underbust. When you know the two, then you can estimate your cup and band sizes. Getting the right bra size is easy. Take measurements around the fullest part of the boobs and under the bust. Make sure that the string or measuring tape is straight as you place it on your body. Do not overtighten.
II. The material
Modern nursing bras comprise such materials as nylon, cotton, spandex, and polyamide. Look for a fabric that works best for you. These are delicate fabrics, and so you need to hand wash them. While you might need the material to be firm for maximum support, it should be pliable enough to adapt to the growing breast size.
Some breastfeeding bras feature plastic lining to prevents milk leakages. But those linings are not breathable and might encourage bacterial growth. Make sure that the material is breathable to provide fresh air around the nipples.
Even though an underwire is believed to give better support, it is not comfortable to wear when nursing. The tightness it creates might end up blocking the milk ducts, making it difficult for the baby to suckle.
III. Added comfort
One of the most important aspects of a bra for large breasts is flexibility. It should provide an extra room when the milk finally comes. When closed, it must not compress any part of your breasts. Here is a checklist for a super comfortable breastfeeding bra.
- The cups can be opened with one hand
- Four-hook-and-eye fastening mechanism
- A big opening for feeding the baby
- Broad non-slip straps
IV. The perfect feel
How you feel in bra matters a lot. Does the band pinch or pull your rib cage? If yes, know you have the wrong size. The material around your back and under the bust should offer an incredible feeling. Whether you lie down, sit down, bend over, or stand up, the right maternity bra feels like you are almost wearing nothing. If the straps tend to slip off the shoulders, you might be wearing too big a size. The band should not ride up, and neither should the breasts move out of the cups. When the feel is just right, nothing should poke you or slip around. So take your time to pick the best pumping bra.
V. The style
Maternity bras are available in various forms to suit different needs. Cross over design is perfect for the first few weeks after delivery. They provide easy access to the breast as the infant I familiarizing with nursing. Smooth and stretchy material is an added advantage because it accommodates the fluctuating size of the boobs.
Another smooth style is the contoured cup bra. It settles nicely and comes with fold-down for easy nursing. Unlike typical maternity bras, the contoured cup bras are more structured. As such, they are the best options for the first four months of the postpartum period. As you start getting active, consider clip-down cup bra as it gives more support than a regular design.
1. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras.
Here is a kind of nursing bralette you would not want to miss in your wardrobe if you dislike the weird triangle shape. It has a round design and comes with extra clips and extenders. This is precisely what you need for a flexible fit to support your breasts from pregnancy to postpartum.
The HOFISH Full-Bust Seamless Nursing Bralette may seem small for breast size 42, but the material is so pliable that it feels comfortable for large cup size. The available extenders allow you to get the perfect fit. The inserts are thick, and so they say in place for longer as compared to typical ones.
- Package Including:3PCS Bras+3PCS bras clips+ 3PCS matching bra extenders to ensure maximum comfort
- One-hand Access, Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Hook & Eye Closure.Easy drop cups for convenient feeding
- Seamless, Side Widening, Super Supporting
- Easy to Size, Removable Molded Foam Cups, 100% Breathable
- Buttery-soft Fabric, Comfortable Fits Changing Shape.Full coverage for additional support
2. Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback- Best Sleeping Nursing Bra”
Maternity and breastfeeding call for nothing short of comfort. And this is what French Terry Racerback Nursing and Sleep Bra by Kindred Bravely offers. No synthetic trims that irritate the skin, no underwire, and nothing extra.
- Mom's Choice Award Winner. Made from ultra-soft French Terry. Wire-free. No clasps or hooks to mess with.
- Easy pull-aside, breastfeeding access. Move comfortably day or night, sizes XL-XXL include a supportive chest band.
- Offers gentle support during pregnancy while you sleep. Great for mid-night nursing sessions and for keeping breast pads in place.
- Designed for fluctuating breast sizes. Enjoy motherhood in comfort. Makes a great yoga bra too!
- Available in sizes XS to XXL, Regular and Busty.
- No underwire and cups that drop fully away from the breast. Easy to use and discrete nursing clips, featuring one-handed access.
- Removable, molded foam cups for a lining when you want it (to hide nipples or breast pads), and the ability to take it out when you don't.
- Breathable, ribbed gore stretches to accomodate the normal bust size fluctuations nursing moms experience
- Adjustable straps,Seamless and buttery-soft fabric that is remarkably comfortable to wear, and virtually invisible under clothing
- Each Package Including 3PCS Bras
- ULTRA SOFT FABRIC - This wireless, seamless nursing bra was named a Parent Tested, Parent Approved Award Winner for good reason - its luxuriously soft fabric and stretchy support are a game-changer for pregnant and nursing mamas!
- EASY NURSING ACCESS - Easy, one-handed, clip-down cups allow for quick access for nursing or skin-to-skin contact with baby. Plus, this nursing bra’s adjustable straps and hook-back closure ensure a perfect fit for every body type!
- COMFORT AND STYLE - This seamless maternity bra is made from comfortable stretch material (93% nylon, 7% spandex) that will hug your changing body from pregnancy through postpartum and nursing. Comfortable enough to sleep in, this wireless maternity bra also looks great under T-shirts, dresses, and your favorite maternity tops.
- NURSING AND MATERNITY MUST-HAVE - The removable padding provides shape, separation, smoothing, and additional modesty for nursing mamas. This high-quality piece is sure to be a staple in your maternity and nursing wardrobe.
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS AND VARIETY OF SIZES - Available in a variety of colors and sizes S-XL with Regular and Busty options. See product description for Sizing Chart.
- UK-sized bra with seam-free cups for a smooth appearance and to prevent chafing
- Flexible wire for added comfort without compromising support or shape
- Drop cup with a full circle sling for access, support, and modesty
- Powernet back and banded frame for support along with leotard back for sleeker styling
- No-slip comfort support shoulder straps
- MOM’S CHOICE AWARD WINNER: this luxuriously soft, wire-free and seamless nursing bra provides added comfort during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- 4-WAY STRETCH FABRIC hugs your changing shape, making it the perfect bra for maternity and nursing
- MOLDED CUPS AND REMOVABLE FOAM INSERTS provide shape, separation and discretion while nursing. Full drop-away cups provide maximum skin-to-skin contact for breastfeeding
- FULL CUP SIZES: knit-in zones around the cups and optimized construction to provide extra lift and support for larger busts and smaller bands; larger foam cups for better shape and breast support; ideal inner sling shape for lift and support
- Available in SIZES XS TO 2X, and in FULL CUP SIZES FROM M-FC TO XL-FC. Sizes range from A to J Cups. Please see size chart image for specific fit details
Sometimes you just want to wear something cute. Okay, cuteness makes you more confident and feel good and maybe it’ll make your milk supply go up.
If you have a big bust it’s important to find bras that fit comfortably, look decent and are supportive because big boobs aren’t just a lot to hambo
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API