Looking for the Best Strollers For 3 Yr Olds or a Big Kid?
If your child falls under the age bracket of 3-5, we are here to help you pick the best stroller for big kids. Check out our top picks and hopefully, you’ll find one that meets your child’s needs.
We all agree that children are the most precious gifts. When you are looking for a stroller, you need something to keep your baby comfortable and safe. You also want a model that’s within your budget so you don’t spend a fortune.
A large stroller can also be a great shower present. Before putting a big kid stroller to your bucket list, you must examine the available options and if possible test them out by pushing around. You need the best model if your baby will be on the stroller for longer hours.
So your child is growing faster than other kids in the neighbourhood. He has outgrown a stroller for 2 yr old. And now you are wondering, are there strollers for 3 yrs old? ‘How well can they support the weight of my baby?’
What if you don’t have the time to test different strollers for 3 years old from your nearest store?
You can rely on the advice of experts who have tried and tested these accessories. This is where our reviews count. Every stroller for big kids mentioned in this article has been tested and found out to be one of the best in the market.
The Best Strollers For 3 Yr Olds
Looking for the absolute best stroller for a 3-year-old toddler? We have reviewed several models and we’re sure you’ll find one that matches your lifestyle and budget.
Below is a table showing the top 5 strollers for big kids
Without wasting much time lets go to comprehensive reviews of each unit above.
Manufactured by Baby Trend, this Range Jogging Stroller is one of the most affordable strollers for 3 yr olds. It can move through any terrain thanks to the high-impact composite wheels and lightweight design.
It’s 28 pounds only! If you want to jog, the front wheel facilitates easy manoeuvrability because it is lockable.
Here is a full list of the features
- Weighs 28.8lbs
- Measures 17.5” x 13” x 34”
- Maximum weight capacity 55lbs
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Car seat for travel system sold separately
- Adjustable seat back and sun canopy
- Lockable front swivel
- Trigger fold
- Wide rubber handle
- Child tray with dual cup holders
- An adjustable 5-point safety harness with a tether strap
Are you a parent that struggles with trunk space or maybe you live in an apartment and you don’t have much storage space for a big bulky travel system. Maybe you travel a lot? This is one of probably just a handful of different strollers that actually fits in an overhead storage bin.
Having a compact and the easy-to-store folding stroller is great. When you need an umbrella stroller for 3 year old, GB Pockit Plus 2018 is the way to go.
It is a portable stroller for three-year-old with several upgrades you might be looking for. With a wider seat than the previous model, bigger kids would feel comfortable in it. Let’s see what to expect from the Pockit Plus by GB.
It can even fit into an airplane’s overhead compartment.
This is the best stroller for 3 years old during trips to theme parks. When you’re not using it, you may carry it with no problem.
Here is a full list of the features
- Weighs 12.3lbs
- Measures 28” x 18.5” x 39.8”
- Compact design
- Maximum weight capacity 55lbs
- Single-hand steering for smooth terrain
- Reclining backrest
- UPF50+ sun canopy
4 -5 Years Old Strollers
We understand that children at the age of four and five also get tired and want to ride in strollers. When your kid’s school is far from where you live, a stroller could come in handy sometimes. In case your child has undergone surgery or has a particular medical condition that limits their mobility, a stroller for a big toddler could be useful.
Modern big kid strollers come with greater weight limits such as 50lbs and 75lbs. Strollers for tall kids have longer seats. Here’s a review of 2 models that can accommodate 4-year-old kids.
Most 4-year-olds weigh around 28-44lbs. When it comes to strollers for 50 lbs and up, Joovy Caboose Ultralight is one of the best offers.
While most strollers for 3-year-olds accommodate one child, Joovy Caboose is functional for two. A sit-and-stand tandem stroller gives your older toddler freedom to ride whether sitting or standing.
Find out what else makes Caboose Ultralight the best stroller for big kids.
- Weighs 21 pounds
- Fold design with an easy trigger
- Storage basket/Parent organizer
- Child tray with 2 long, thick cup holders
- Swivel and fixed wheels
- Universal car seat
- Rear parking brakes
- Oversized canopy
- All-wheel spring suspension
- Seating capacity for two
- Visor extension for the canopy
- Plastic Tires
- 3-position recliner seat (front)
A typical double stroller for 2-year-old with seats beside each other takes up more room. It’s even harder to get around tight places. Do you live in a city and looking for a compact, lightweight stroller for 4-year-old? Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller would be a great option.
It folds up pretty compact hence easy to store in the car boot. The other great thing is the canopy. It locks into place on the two sides, stretching to protect your little one from weather elements.
The swivel wheels move really nicely, making it easy to push up or down. Just make sure you don’t push it on cobblestones and bricks! Overall, Joovy Caboose Ultralight is a wonderful compact double stroller for two newborn kids or one big kid.
Your 4-year-old deserves a comfortable ride. This is what the City Mini provides courtesy of the front wheel suspension. Users in the height range between 38.19 and 43.5 inches can comfortably ride the stroller since the handlebar is flexible enough.
Pushing it around is not a problem regardless of your height. Being an over-sized stroller, it is appropriate for toddlers with medical conditions. The slim design makes getting around super easy. The swivel-locking on the front wheels effectively works to help you turn the stroller as quickly as you need.
- Weighs 22.5lbs
- One-hand quick fold technology
- 3 wheels
- Wheel suspension
- Adjustable handlebar
- 8.5″ all-terrain non-flat tires
- Plush padded recliner seats
- Vented seat top
- Adjustable canopy (UV 50+ protection) with peek-a-boo windows
One of the reasons that make 2016 City Mini by Baby Jogger a top-selling stroller is versatility. It is classy, polished, and offers plenty of storage space. It is what you need if your child is 65lbs or less. It has a long seat back to accommodate children who are over 40-inch tall. This is an everyday stroller you need for shopping with a baby, running errands, or when using public transport. You have no worries when getting through grass or dirt terrains because the sturdy wheels have got you covered.
The black Joovy Zoom 360 is surprisingly light yet big enough. Its aluminium frame provides a sturdy construction without creating too much weight. During an unexpected flat tire, a tire pump that’s included will be your saviour.
This jogging stroller is one of the safest models with shock-absorbing suspension, dual-side parking break, and straight rear axle. Since the seat rides high, there is an extra leg room for your child Plus, a 22-inch headspace at the top of the seat can hold up to 75 pounds.
- Weighs 25.7lbs
- Measures 54” x 25” x 46”
- Maximum weight capacity of 75lbs
- Aluminium frame with a suspension system
- Quick-release hind wheels
- Unisex design
- Multi-position recliner seat
- Compact fold
- Canopy and peek-a-boo window
- Mesh side pockets for snacks
- 5-point safety harness
- 12.5″ swivel front wheel for straight locking
- Wide seats positioned high for great visibility
- Accessories: tire pump, running leash, and parent organizer
This means your older kid will ride comfortably making it one of the best strollers for toddlers over 40 lbs.
This lightweight jogging stroller doesn’t come cheap but it has plenty to offer including a big weight capacity. The price is reasonable given that it has many years of potential usage. It is like a tough workhorse that can serve a lifetime, having your child covered in all situations. We have put it in the category of 5-year-old children but it can accommodate even a 6-year-old kid.
Zoom 360 Jogging Stroller is a great option for kids in early elementary school. You can actually use it from the infancy stage up to the day your kid cannot fit anymore.
Here are the 5 most crucial Factors to Consider When Choosing a Stroller for Bigger Kids.
There are numerous choices that can overwhelm you when shopping. For instance, there is jogging stroller for toddler over 50 pounds and the umbrella stroller for tall toddler. You’ll also find 4WD models, lightweight stroller 4-year-old, and so on.
In addition, there are combo and travel system strollers, single and double strollers. This is just a tip of the iceberg; the list is endless. To whittle down the list, here are the most important things you should consider.
- When you need an all-in-one system to transfer your child directly from the car, look for a travel system with a compatible car seat that fastens into the stroller.
- Alternatively, get a universal stroller frame to attach the car seat to the stroller’s bottom. That way, you don’t have to wake up your baby when moving.
- When shopping for walking strollers for toddlers, one of the most important aspects to consider is safety. Some safety features are mandatory and must be within the statutory standards. Always check for the restraint that secures your baby so they don’t fall out.
- The best safety is provided by five-point restraint featuring shoulder straps, crotch, and waist. To keep the stroller from rolling away, look for a tether strap for your wrist. Another critical feature is the parking brake. Its release mechanism must be easily accessible to your kid when they are restrained.
- The last thing you need is to struggle with weight when pushing or lifting a stroller for 4 years old. If you love shopping around with your older children, consider how shopping bags can affect the manoeuvrability of the stroller. Invest in an umbrella stroller for big kids if you want something that’s easier to transport during trips to the shop.
- What do you want to be using the large child stroller for? Maybe you live an active life and plan to be walking or running with your child. Look for a sturdier all-terrain stroller with solid handles.
- It is worth investing in a model with adjusting and locking wheels as they make running easier over different types of terrains. You might be looking for a stroller for shopping around with your kid. In this case, an umbrella model would do. It may not be very sturdy but it’s lightweight enough for easier carriage and folding.
- If you are not the only one who uses the stroller, consider an adjustable handle to cater for different heights. This will save the back of whoever is pushing the stroller especially for a longer period of time.
However, every child grows at a different pace. Some kids may ride in strollers for longer periods than their peers. Sometimes, medical conditions necessitate the use of large strollers.
As you’ve seen, there are some premium strollers for bigger kids. Hopefully, you have found something cool for your kiddo. Be sure to pick something with the right capacity and safety features.
Do not use a model for a child who exceeds the stroller’s weight capacity. It would also be uncomfortable if your child hits the canopy with their head or touches the ground with the feet during a stroll.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.